Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Race #34, etc

Last Thursday was the Kings Cross time trial. Lots has happened since.

1. I can't do the kings cross races. I previously committed to something else about 6 months ago and just realized it.
2. I raced the time trial and did okay. 12th out of 17. The woman on the single speed passed me again! She gave me a 'good job' and all I could retort with was some sort of grunt.
3. Rode the MTB Saturday on 6 miles of single track at Mitchell Memorial. Got home and took the cross bike to Kingswood for some solo practice.
4. Wrecked hard within 10 minutes, beating my shoulder and head to the hard ground. No cracked helmet but it gave me a head ache for all of Sunday. Shoulder is still bothering me. Bike is fine.
5. Skipped out on the Cleves time trial last night since I was working in Dayton. As is the new norm, I took my Orbea with me and did some road riding on the old school roads late in the evening. Windy every direction - there's no place like home.
6. Last cross time trial is tomorrow. I should be able to make it.

No comments: