Wednesday, May 23, 2007

#17 Tuesday crit #4

Due to it being a really nice day in the area, there was probably the best turnout I've seen in three years at the Tuesday training crit. There were 25 or so people in the A race, and probably that many in the B race. Team mate Dave showed up and was the instigator the whole time. Dude is strong, taking off constantly. I spent time all over the peloton, covering, chasing, recovering, bridging. Probably the best I've felt all year.

I had a couple of near misses where I nearly hit a kid walking on the course. I swerved only to nearly take out another team mate. On the final lap, some knucklehead dove corner number 1 on me to nearly take ME out. After killing myself to catch back up with the group, I had nothing for the sprint. All in all, it was a good effort and I finished mid field.

22.02mi
55:36
TSS 86.5 (0.966)
Norm PWR 271
Pwr 0 1028 234
HR 109 188 173
Sp 7.8 33.7 23.8

No more updates for a few days as we're off to San Francisco to eat sushi over the holiday weekend!

Next up - Monrovia TT on June 2nd.

No comments: