Monday, March 31, 2008

#5 Heuston Woods

40 category 3's lined up, with me being the only representative from my team. Olympus had the most riders, then Dayton, then COBC. Anthem, Darkhorse, Team Turner and Echelon rounded out the field. The race started at the base of the first hill, and from what I understood it was supposed to be neutralized until the top. Well, Team Turner had two little tiny guys take off. 4 seconds into the race started my highest 1 minute power average for the entire day. So much for that. It didn't take much to get back together but a few miles in a real attack happened up hill and that's all she wrote. I just can't climb like these guys, and I'm stronger and lighter than last year! Four of us who ended up getting dropped team time trialled for a while then my real fun began. 20 miles in, my front dérailleur stopped working with any sort of efficiency and 7 miles later my powertap hub died, probably due to the rain, but hopefully due to a dead battery. Finished a lap down on the field.

Oh, guess who won the cat 3 race? Good Lord he's tough. I think he's well past the mandatory upgrade point....oh well, maybe it would be more logical for me to bitch about it if I was finishing in SECOND place to him every week!

No comments: