Thursday, March 20, 2008

French Fry training

Had one of my best training rides last night, after a lunch at a place called Red Robin. If you've never been to this place, they have expensive "all you can drink" drinks (non alcoholic, damn) and "all you can eat fries". My chicken bruschetta sandwich came with garlic fries of which I had two servings. When I finally got home I hit the trainer for an hour of power (I also rode in the morning) and had a normalized and average power way above normal. Maybe it was because I knew I had to work the fries off. The rub was that I ended up losing 1.5 pounds yesterday. Not like I needed or wanted anything else to eat, but the sandwich and fries and fries and fries was the only meal of the day.

I told my wife I can never eat there again though. I could slog my way through so many fries it wouldn't be funny.

1 comment:

Dobovedo said...

Seems my wife's been holding out on me... or protecting me? She has been to Red Robin a few times after long runs, but has never mentioned the fry thing.

Don't let the 1.5 pounds fool you... they have a habit of showing back up a couple days later. At least mine do. LOL.

Venga!