Friday, March 21, 2008

Designing a training camp

Sitting around with nothing better to do, I designed a perfect training camp for Ohio category 3 riders. In Ohio, our road races aren't hilly and aren't very long. 90+ mile slogs up some mountain somewhere don't make the cut, although that sounds like more fun than riding the trainer. Here is my idea:

Precamp
-Evening bike fitting/adjustments/etc

Day 1
-Breakfast
-3 hour rolling route at tempo
-Lunch
-Nap
-1 hour of technical work be it pace line, explosions out of corners, what have you
-Dinner w/team building or Q&A

Day 2
-Breakfast
-Late morning time trial
-Lunch or throw up breakfast because of the time trial
-Nap
-3 hour mid afternoon rolling route at E2
-Dinner, etc

Day 3
-Breakfast
-1 hour late morning crit
-Lunch or puke
-Nap
-3 hours rolling @ E2
-Dinner, etc

Day 4
-Breakfast
-3 hours tempo+
-Lunch
-Nap (I love naps)
-Evening time trial
-Dinner, etc

Day 5
-Breakfast
-3 hour E2
-Lunch
-Go home

That would make a great camp for me. Throw in a few bottles of a good Dolcetto and my wife to be with me during the non-riding portions and that would be damn near perfect.

No comments: