Tuesday, June 10, 2008

#12 - Speedy Feet time trial

2nd win of the year in the 12th race. 24.8 mph average.

Ok, so I was the only person with a combination of a skinsuit, aero helmet, shoe covers and a time trial bike, but oh well.

The course was a little longer than last month as it was increased to a full 10k. 14 riders of varying ability showed up. I wasn't really concerned about the competition or their lack of aero gear, as I'm trying to get ready for the state TT next weekend. I'm only concerned about how I could do. Luckily, there were no issues with my ride through the bike path, though other riders did have some issues. It's a scary ride with a course that isn't closed. The turn around did suck as it was on probably the narrowest part of the path. I had to come to a complete stop to turn my bike around on the 5' wide piece of pavement. Gravel on both sides prevented a smooth turn around and I had to unclip as well.

The cool thing is that my cycling peaks software keeps track of 15 minute intervals as a standard. Last night's race was 15 minutes and one second. In that time I had an all time high 15 minute power average (in the 14 months of having a power meter). It was one watt higher than my previous best! HA