Friday, June 27, 2008

I get a shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather

/obscure?


This weather has caused havoc on my training plans for the week and looks to disrupt the racing weekend. You see, I don't look forward to driving over an hour one way for a 45 minute race where there is a high probability of storm and the possibility of hail. It just doesn't do it for me.

Monday's ride was sort of a bust where my body just crapped out about 30 miles in. Left the group ride and staggered home. The time trial took more out of me than I thought.

On Tuesday I cleaned my NOISY bike and opted for a short easy ride to prepare for Wednesday's hard ride. Rode about an hour and a half, nice and easy.

WEATHER WEDNESDAY. Storm then beautiful sunshine, storm then beautiful sunshine. Dig a hole, fill it up. Put on shoes, take off shoes. I have to leave the house at 5:30 to make the 6pm group ride, well it was storming at 5:30 and of course it was beautiful just after 6. I gave up and worked late.

Thursday I was able to sneak out for about 2.5 hours in the late afternoon between emails and phone calls and ceiling contractors. Decent ride, but my mind wasn't there so I just tooled around my Vandalia, West Milton, Tipp City and Troy loop discussing politics in my head. Yuck

Won't make the group ride tonight, and that sucks because I like the Friday route. Instead, I'm going to try to get out for an early afternoon ride for a couple of hours before getting rained on (probably) at the Air Force Base tonight.

I actually did pick a race for this weekend, the Saturday Grandview course, 35+ field. At least the start time is after noon so I can watch the weather in the morning to decide if it's worth the trip. If it's looking grim, I'll just ride my usual quad-city loop. I don't care much about riding in the rain, but racing in the rain just sucks. You end up not needing a water bottle as you catch so much spray in your mouth from the racer in front of you. Double yuck.

Ok time to get back to work

No comments: