Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July and it's only 74 degrees?

I want my global warming back. Maybe I should shut up, at least it's dry out there.

Tonight marks only the second time this year that I'll make the Tuesday trip to Harveysburg for the training crit. I need the practice as Team Dayton has their official event Sunday and I plan to race masters in the morning and category in the afternoon. That will be my first multiple race day since a road race & TT for summer solstice last year. Tonight though, I'll be hitting the B race for the first time in years. See how it goes.

After that race, it's a quick transition back to the time trial bike for the next Greenville time trial on the 12th, then another Eastwood time trial the following Tuesday. I have a training secret in the bag for the next time trial. We'll see if it works.

It's hard to believe it's already July! I haven't done half the races that I think I should have by now. Not sure that made sense. I know what I mean though. I did tick over 4,000 miles the other day, and that puts me ahead of last year's pace and just behind the two previous years prior. It doesn't look like I'll take any vacation for the rest of the year (my whole life is a vacation anyway) and I don't think there's any surgeries looming like the one that impacted the end of the season in 2007, so it looks like a good mileage year. Maybe we'll get the global warming back in October and November. That would be nice.

1 comment:

Dobovedo said...

Be careful what you wish for, I just might get it.

I could do without the upper 80s that are forecast for next week! Better than mid-90s though.