Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rest week?

Due to the races and yesterday's hard 40 miler, I'm taking today, Thursday and Friday off. Of course, it's all subject to heavy revision. Wednesday's ride will be my final tune up (read: ass kicking) before the stage race this weekend. The Pancake stage race is this weekend just outside of Ft Wayne. Road race Saturday, time trial Sunday early and criterium later in the morning. It's billed as pancake flat. Nothing short of winning the time trial will do. This "stage race" is actually an omnium, where points are handed out instead of racing against the clock. That means having to sprint for placing so the races will no doubt end up with sprint finishes, with knuckleheads sprinting for 30th place. A Solo breakaway, no matter how far out front, is only worth 2 points more than the field sprint winner. That will keep the solo tries to minimum for everyone but probably me. I know I'll try it a few times. Just because.