Thursday, July 17, 2008

Change of ideas

Original weekend plan:

Thursday - off
Friday - drive an hour for a one hour race and drive an hour home
Saturday - 45-60 minute race in Troy at 1:50pm
Sunday - Cat 4 crit & 35+ crit

Seeing as how it's been so nice out lately, it's going to be impossible to take today off. I'll be heading out soon for a couple hour ride. Net +2 hours minimum.

Instead of the Friday race, I'm going to do the new ride. Chances are, it's going to be harder than the crit anyway! With riding to the ride and riding home I will net at least +1.5 hours for the day. Total net 3.5 hours.

Saturday is the airshow and I'll probably go for an early ride then head to the yearly party that my cousin hosts. I may end up riding to Troy to watch the masters 40+ race at 11 for the heck of it. I'll probably net at least another +1.5 hours.

Sunday I'll race.

Subtracting two races, I'll net at least five more hours on the bike and save two hours driving over the weekend. Not to mention saving $60 on race fees. I like that idea considering I'm still planning to do the Pancake stage race near Ft Wayne next weekend and the only hotel close is over 100 bucks a night.

2 comments:

Dobovedo said...

woohoo Friday! Venga!

Unknown said...

Yeah, you missed a real blast in Wapak. At the line they decided to change it to a "miss and out" style race. WTF? I would have driven the 90 more minutes to Indy if I wanted to do a track race.