Monday, June 2, 2008

Random coffee shop thoughts

With Americano in hand, err well, sitting on the table, I have nothing better to do than type random bullcrap at Boston Stoker for the next 45 minutes while I wait for a client to get in his office.

1. I really want an 808 front wheel. Clincher please. Not that it will make me any faster or better, but it will make my bike look cooler.

2. Weight loss. I would like to make my ass, my tt bike and my Orca lighter. I'm trying to dip back into the "high 150's" for the first time in 4 years. Currently, I'm doing nothing to make my bikes lighter. An 808 front will make the tt bike heavier, but moving the Alps front to the Orca will make it a couple of insignificant grams lighter.

3. Today looks to be a sweet day. Too bad I'm working for the bulk of it. The plan is to definitely ride tonight. If I can't get out earlier for some tt work, I'll just "ride to the ride", ride the ride and ride home.

4. Yesterday's 60 minute power was my best since I bought the powertap (April 2007) by 10 watts. FTP is almost at a respectable level. I wish I would have a power meter in 2006 when I was time trialling much faster than I am now. Soon, I need to get a couple of friends to drive behind me and video a 15 minute interval. Videoing form on the trainer is one thing, but it's more accurate representation when you're on the road.

5. I am not doing Master's Nationals. My bike is highly illegal and I don't have the desire to make it legal or throw clip ons on the Orca for one race. Instead, I'm putting my eggs in the State TT basket as well as the Independent Nationals, both of which my bike is completely legal for.

6. A bike race just wrapped up in Italy and I understand it was a good one. Good thing Americans don't care. We like our sports boring as hell. That being said, the Wings can wrap it up tonight! As I typed that, a guy next to me started talking about the Cincinnati Reds. GROAN

7. I do not like American football, baseball or basketball. Too much stoppage of play.

8. I need more coffee.

9. Our team was invited back to the Strawberry Festival parade, so I will miss the time trial. I haven't been on that course for almost two years now. We should be on television again. Good show for our sponsors. Maybe they will mention Hellard Design? Maybe not.

10. I will do the Strawberry Festival tour on Sunday. 62 miles of roads I typically ride on, but this time there will be snacks, as opposed to the usual crap I carry in my back pocket.

11. I now have more coffee.

12(!). Client called to reschedule for tomorrow. I get to work for another client out of my house today. That means I get to ride twice today!

No comments: