Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nutz

10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound sack. State Championship is this Sunday and I'm not prepared.

Since race #13, the Colavita time trial last Saturday, I've ridden only twice. Saturday night was camping and didn't get home until very late Sunday night. Monday (my birthday) I was able to sneak in 38 miles (I turned 38) and had to immediately leave for a memorial service for a friend of mine. Tuesday I got out for an hour on the tt bike and that's been it. Yesterday was the ceremonial groundbreaking of my wife's clinic so no riding once again as I wasn't home all day. Today, it was up and out early to a client's office and now I'm home watching a contractor fix my ceiling. Good lord willing, they'll be out of here in enough time to hit the road. Friday looks to be a long day work wise, but I hope to try to get a couple hours in late. Ride to the ride, ride the ride, ride home type of thing.

Calgon take me away.......

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Stay on target Bryan!! Make sure you ride today and tomorrow and you should be ok. You are getting faster and more confident.

Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

38 huh? 2 years younger than me makes you a young punk. Happy birthday, punk!

If it'll help, we're willing to let you do all the work Friday.