Thursday, August 14, 2008

That which does not kill me...

...makes me wish I were dead.

Far be it for me to call in sick, I hit the pavement with little expectation. I gave it my all, got dropped, got back on, gave it my all, got dropped, gave it everything I had (Rudy) and died. I was resurrected minutes later only to commit cycling suicide on the rollers. Then had 10 miles worth of time trial practice.

From the time I got back on with the group on Rudy until I was dropped for the final time on the rollers, the average was 24.0. That included the cow hill, the unnamed hill, the long Rudy incline THEN the roller. Ouchies.

That earned me a nice cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin here at the coffee shop.

And now I'm sitting here trying to come up with a plan to be able to do the Ramble after moving to Cincinnati. Suffering is fun.

1 comment:

Noose and Goose said...

Glad you hung on as long as you did! 1/2 days off on Wed will enable a Ramble! Or Sunday trainers are just as fun in the winter.