Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My 'everything' hurts

After spending the weekend on the lake tubing, I got beat up. Not a way to prepare for the national TT. I took one real whipper Saturday and my neck hasn't recovered yet. Then there are my legs, which I left at home last night. After about 1 mile into the ride, I sat in and wasn't even able to put in my patented 'pull real hard on Wildcat so I can have a built in excuse for lacking a sprint on route 40' move. Sat in sucked wheel with 40.29 miles on the evening.

Today is supposed to be a TT day as I haven't been on that bike since the problem I had during the stage race. From the looks of it right now, it's going to be a wet one. Nuts.

4 comments:

Dobovedo said...

did you learn nothing from my recent experience? I bet you even said something like, "Go ahead... just TRY to dump me off this tube!"

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

It's always rough for a few days but by the end of the week , you'll be back YOUR HELLDAWG ways!!

attack!

Dobovedo said...

Oh... I forgot to mention: Tiger Balm.

Bryan Hellard said...

I said something like "you remember I can't swim, right? NOW go ahead and try to dump me off this thing"