Wednesday, September 17, 2008

#31 Speedy Feet time trial

A great way to end the season! Conditions were perfect and the bike path was clear so I was feeling really confident going into last night's race. On the line was $50 cash, winner take all. Since I've won all four previous races and I had the new weapons, things looked good.

Anyway, the path is east to west and there was a slight wind from the north. That made things even better because I didn't have to deal with any head winds. I started out hard and kept it up, ending in my highest 15 minute power output since I've had the powertap (311 watts). I also ended up with my fastest time trial ever, at 26.2 mph average (including the turnaround where you basically have to come to a complete stop to negotiate a 180 degree turn on the path). Now I'm $50 dollars richer and I'm taking my wife out for sushi Thursday to celebrate.

I'm still on the fence about Sunday's road race, but chances are I'll probably do it but this was basically the end of my season. Now it's time to tear the TT bike apart and set it up UCI legal.

On a side note: I've been without an internet connection since the storm, hence the lack of updates. Now I'm sitting at the coffee shop surrounded by people with laptops. Dorks! Oh wait.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job Bryan Bellard, I mean Hallard. :)

So what are the new weapons? I must have missed the press release.

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

WAY TO GO HELLDAWG!!

Bryan Hellard said...

Everyone at biketechreview told me to get new tires and tubes. That was the new weapons.

Unknown said...

Ah, I just picked up some latex tubes and P3R's. We'll see how they work next year.