Thursday, July 26, 2007

#30 Tuesday crit

No power data as I don't have the Orca back yet. I'm not sure how many started the "A" ride, but there were some good riders so it was going to be hard. 15 minutes into it, Team Dayton's manager Ron went down hard. It looked like there was a touch of wheels. Ron is a good, experienced cat 1 rider, but there was a slow down (the race was herky-jerky the whole time) and it looked like a touch of wheels brought him down. After 30 minutes of clean up including an ambulance and police cruiser, we re-started the race for another half hour of racing. Kyle sprinted off right at the start (?) and my old legs were cold and missed it. Dave missed his clip in, so the two of us team time trialled for 30 minutes +3 laps. All in all, a hard day in the saddle.

What is with all the crashing lately? Being in races and reading reports of others, it seems like there have been an over abundance of crashes lately. Funny, I always felt like I was the worst bike handler in the field, but either I got better or SEVERAL people around me got worse.

No comments: