Monday, July 9, 2007

Testing 1...2...3

As part of my new training program, once a month I am going to perform power testing alternating between 5 and 20 minute averages. Yesterday was the first 5 minute test in the middle of a short, one hour ride. That's becoming the real beauty of the Powertap as "watts don't lie". Since buying the powertap, I've been able to find my weaknesses and now it's time to adjust the training to address them. 5 minute power has been a REAL issue so one goal is to increase it. I'm also keeping track of 20 minute power because I don't want to forsake time trialling power for shorter power. The other goal is dropping weight and limiting the fluctuations. My power is ok, but my power to weight ratio is pathetic. So by lowering weight and raising power, that is the best of both worlds.

No comments: