Tuesday, May 13, 2008

#9 Colavita time trial May edition

May 10th was the debut of my new time trial bike. I wasn't sure going in how it was going to go due to: a) being off the bike while on vacation b) being sick for the last week and c) losing 7 pounds due to "b" in the last week.

While I didn't podium (4th place), the effort felt ok. Power was better than I would have though considering the circumstance (272 average). Finished with a time of 31:12, with an average of 23.3 mph. Overall, that's considered a success in my book.

Tonight there is another TT at Eastwood Park. No idea how long it is or how safe it's going to be (it's on a bike path!?!), but that's going to be better for me than driving to Harveysburg for the training criterium. I need to get as many time trials in before the state championship on June 22nd and really get comfortable with the bike.

No comments: