Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A tale of two rides...

Pre-drop and post drop. Dropped right at the 12.5 mile mark

All was going great until I took a right hand turn on to Dayton Brandt and got nailed by the wind. Everyone pulled around me and I couldn't latch back on. It felt like someone snuck a 20 pound weight in my back pocket. The weight fell off on 571, then was put back on for the Pisgah rollers. How did that happen? Anyway, it ended up being good time trial practice (as most rides I do tend to be)

The first half with tailwinds:
12.5 mi
33:28
22.4 mph
218 w
251 norm
155 hr ave

1 minute, 2 minute, 5 minute and 10 minute wattage highs were all started at the 12.5 mile mark

The second half with head winds (mostly by myself as the group waited for me then dropped me again...crap)
12.3 mi
37:41
19.8 mph
237 w
256 norm
170 hr ave

Then being the complete idiot, I forgot to hit my recovery drink and woke up to unhappy legs. That should make for a fun crit tonight!

***

Where are the races this weekend??? Mid-Ohio is rescheduled for this Saturday. I was going to do it until I realized that the race is at 5 or 6 in the evening. This would interfere with my watching of the Red Wings/Pens game 1. Priorities, man. I can't find ANYTHING else closer. There are some races in north west Indiana but that's it. Nutz

No comments: