Monday, May 19, 2008

TT TT TT TT TT

How can I buy 2 mph more between now and June 22nd? That's the question. My answer is to keep time trialling. Between now and the state championship there are several more time trials of varying length. The state is right around 22.5 miles so on June 1st I'm heading to Ft Wayne, Indiana for a flat 40k challenge. June 7th is the Strawberry Festival time trial. June 10th is another Speedy-Feet TT, and hopefully the flood will be gone so we can race the whole course. June 14th is another Colavita TT. QCW also hosts a 10 mile time trial every Tuesday. I doubt I'll be driving an hour and a half one way to race 10 miles, but if I find myself in Cincinnati on a Tuesday, I'll hit it up. Once I move to Cincinnati (WHENEVER THAT MAY BE!), I intend to be a fixture there. Unfortunately, there is only one more Monrovia time trial prior to the state, but it is the day before! Not going to do that one. I may hit up the June 29th edition though as I need to keep up the time trialling to prepare for the "Independent Nationals" on August 9th.

3 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

U CAN DO IT MAN!! Sounds like good training ahead for you. It will come. Sounds weird but vision your whole ride from start to finish and the time you want. It really helps.

KEEP IT UP!!

Egg

Anonymous said...

I second what Craig said.

And to do that... have you ridden the route in the past or in training?

Bryan Hellard said...

I've raced the state course twice. It suits me well (relatively flat!).