Sunday, May 25, 2008

Productivity

Looking over my mileage spreadsheet, I rode more miles this week than any week since June of 2005. That week I had 3 road races and a criterium. Just one race this week (training crit), and I even took a day off Thursday. The week finished out with a 3:15 ride over flats and some rollers. I didn't go out with the intention of riding real hard until I passed by Mitch an hour in. As soon as we started riding together my wattage got a little higher. Tried to ride to Yellow Springs, but the only road that we knew to get there was closed, just past Donnelsville. Oops.

Next Sunday is my first 40k of the year in Ft Wayne. I haven't done that long of a time trial since last year's state (about 38k). What that means is that I have to get a couple of rides in on the TT bike this week for some long intervals of hurt. Haven't been on that bike since the time trial last week. There are only four weeks left until 'state', time to put out some effort and put in some quality time on that bike. The Indiana State time trial is on this same course in late July. Maybe by then I'll have my new front wheel...probably won't have it by Ohio championships.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I've been riding to Yellow Springs, I just dismount 'cross style and run the median, bike over the shoulder. Hop back on the bike and ride up the off ramp. :) One cop stopped me, but let me go because "that showed some dedication man."

It gets some funny looks from motorists.