Friday, May 23, 2008

A little more like it

I spent most of the afternoon checking accuweather.com and seeing the rain getting ready to hit any time. Then, for two whole seconds around 4:50, actual sunlight came in my window and prompted me to quit being lazy. I figured there would be at least Craig and Dobo to ride with at PECO, so I headed that way for about a 45 minute warm up via Tipp-Elizabeth, cow hill and the other hill on Rudy right before 571. After a year, I still don't know the names. I assume the "cow hill" is the hill where there are the cows in the field. That one seems obvious to me.

Anyway, I rode for almost exactly hour with the group and even though I sat on the back for nearly the whole time, I felt pretty good. Life got in the way yesterday and I couldn't ride so it was a rest day I guess. Much needed after the Monday Tuesday Wednesday drop fest.

1:00 (and 9 seconds)
192 w
240 norm
21.5 mph (including time watching a dérailleur repair)
Peak one minute power was the highest since I've been back from Peru so that's good.

Overall it was 2:05 of riding on a day where I almost pussed out and got none. 39.6 miles for a 19.3 average. Tomorrow looks to be nice and I'll have some time for an afternoon ride prior to the big game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got it exactly right. The Cow Hill is indeed the one with the cows.

And "the other hill on Rudy right before 571" is called, [drum roll Craig]... "the other hill on Rudy right before 571".

We've never come up with a name for it.